On my trip to South Korea recently, I discovered a new #seoulmate. Many of them, in fact, but this stood out the most. Behold: the beginning of a love affair with Cremorlab – a skincare brand I scoured Seoul days on end for. For three days, I popped in and out of EVERY Olive Young and Watson’s I saw without buying a single thing. How crazy is that? To make things even crazier… I’ve never tried a single product from this line, ever.

I swear, when I finally hunted it down, I stood there in the aisle pinching myself. It was so surreal.

Cremorlab haul from Seoul

The brand in a nutshell: Other than pretty packaging, Cremorlab products are centered around a T.E.N water philosophy, which stands for Thermal water therapy, Eco energy and Natural nourishment. Extracted from 1,100m underground in the Geumjin region somewhere in Korea, this thermal water (also the base of all Cremorlab products) contains 37,600mg/l of minerals – which is 300 times the amount found in ‘regular’ thermal water. In addition, the balance of water to minerals in what they call a golden ratio, delivered in a size smaller than your pores, heightens absorption rate of products into your skin.

The fairytale I fell for: Once upon a time, a small countryside agriculture town in Korea enjoyed crazily abundant harvests and the residents were always very healthy. It caught the attention of the Korea government, who brought in experts to dig deep (haha), ultimately discovering the underlying pristine water as the source. Estimated to be purified for over 260 million years underground, the magical water boosts a 1:6:1 golden ratio of calcium and magnesium and contains loads of selenium, a cancer-fighting antioxidant not commonly found in thermal water. It is currently used in hydrotherapy for cancer patients with positive results.

There are also no parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, artificial colours in all Cremorlab products.

Cremorlab haul from Seoul

And so, after fruitless hunting for days, I bought EVERYTHING on the shelf (some in duplicates after trying it out there and then) and continued poking my head into every LOHB’s store, just in case they had something I haven’t already bought. I don’t think I’ve been so obsessed in a while.

HAUL LIST

Herb Tea Blemish Minus Calming Mask x 16
Hydroplus Aqua Tank Water Full Mask x 4
Hydroplus Nutrition Deep Intensive Mask x 4
Triple Bright White Bloom Floral Mask x 2
T.E.N. Cremor Cleansing Veil (70 sheets)
T.E.N. Cremor Mineral Water Mist 300ml
T.E.N. Cremor Mineral Treatment Essence x 2
T.E.N. Cremor Shadow-Off Eye Cream
T.E.N. Cremor Face Smooth Pudding x2
T.E.N. Cremor Face Fresh Water Gel
T.E.N. Cremor Essence Tonic
T.E.N. Aqua Essence Water Fluid
Hydroplus Snow Falls Velvet Toner
Hydroplus Snow Falls Melting Cream x3
Hydroplus Snow Falls Water Full Serum x2

Phew! To be honest, I relished recounting how much I bought in images and in words, as if that would justify the effort and hours spent looking for it.

Cremorlab haul from Seoul

It’s taken many words and a few photos to get here but these masks above, are the reason I’m foaming at the mouth with regret at this haul. My interest in Cremorlab was first piqued by an Into The Gloss review of the Herb Tree Blemish Minus Calming sheet mask – it shall be henceforth referred to here as the Pink Mask for the sake of my fingers – and how it regularly sells out on Peach and Lily.

For some stupid reason, I decided to keep a lid on the haul monster in me and only lugged 16 sheets back with me. Maybe somewhere in my head I was trying to enforce responsible hauling, especially with an untried brand. Urgh.

So I tried on the mask three days ago. IT IS UNICORN TEARS, AS AMAZING AS THEY SAY. But that lovebombing is for another day.

The pain is here: one of these masks retails for USD6 on Peach and Lily. On Qoo10 (I know, last resort) it is selling at 77SGD for 5. Watsons Malaysia? RM10.90 per sheet. HMall (which is in Korean) at 30,000won for 10.

What I paid: 1,500won per piece. Which is S$1.80 each. Or USD1.30.

$1.80! $1.80!!! AND I ONLY BOUGHT 20+ OF THEM!!!!!! *SLAPS SELF WITH FRYING PAN*

I am now considering flying to Seoul just to haul 40kg worth of these back. *wipes tear off cheek*

About The Author

Hi! I'm 24 years old and based in Singapore. When I'm not writing beauty and makeup reviews, you can find me stuffing my face with bubble tea in front of Netflix. I love effective products, junk food, and photography. Email me at mavisngui@gmail.com

Related Posts

32 Responses

1. Stephanie2015

That’s a lot of products!! But I did the same thing too if i go to Korea. I just love Korean Skincare 😉 And yes, it’s much cheaper to get it from there.

2. samthebear

There has to be a market for re-selling this brand at a lower (more reasonable) price point that reflects the actual price it is in Korea.
    There just has to be.
    On a different note, I feel your pain – I really do. *Cries silently*

3. renatalalala

Hi! Awesome Haul! Where did you finally end up finding these? I’m heading to Seoul later this month!

4. Yvonne

Hi! Do you mind if i ask, what is the difference between the hydro plus and the T.E.N cremor? I wanted to try them but kinda confused with the 2 of them. And thats a lot of products you got on hand ! Wish i can go to korea soon ! Thank you in advance for your kind info ya ! (:

• Mavis Ngui

Hi! As the full product breakdown is all in Korean images, this is as much as I can understand. The T.E.N Cremor line is the main line for Cremorlab, and is based on hydration – with certain products like the Smooth Pudding and Mineral Essence targeting fine lines and wrinkles as well. It is suitable for all skin types. With Hydroplus, it seems that the hydrating and moisturizing properties are amped up, with added Hyaluronic acid and marine collagen. It is also recommended for dry skin. Hope this helps!

• Yvonne

Hi! Thank you for your kind reply. (: Really appreciate it. It is quite difficult to find good review of this brand. I have combination skin so i think i will try the T.E.N Cremor. Cheerios ~ (:

• Jen

Hi Mavis, thanks for your info on Cremorlab. What do you think about the Shadow-off eye cream? I have slight dark circles but mostly worried about the crow’s feet that forms around my eyes. Would you recommend the product?

• Mavis Ngui

Hi! I have the eye cream in my stash but haven’t tried it out yet, because I’m very prone to milia seeds and most of Cremorlab stuff have been too rich for me so far 🙁 I’ve heard good things about Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery for eyes though!

5. soukhaina

It must have felt amazing spreading these all out!
    I was trying to find the prices of some of these but can’t seem to find any info on how much they cost in Korea.
    Would you be able to tell me how much you paid for the Fresh Water Gel and the Snow Falls Melting Cream approximately?

• Mavis Ngui

Hi! Thanks for reading!
      I can’t remember the exact amount, but they should be in the 20,000 won region each after the store sale, so they are probably 30,000 full price. Hope this helps!

6. Tangelyn Chee

Hey, do you mind to share the price for the mask ( TEN Cremor Perfection Hydrating Mask , Hydro Plus Aqua Tank and Hydro Plus Nutrition ) ? My sis is going to Korea soon but i totally cant find any info of the price in WON. Thanks for sharing! =)

• Mavis Ngui

Hi! I didn’t see the TEN Cremor mask at the locations, but if I remember correctly the hydro plus masks should be about KRW4,000 – 6,000, full price. The stores usually have sales on, so grab a bunch if you see one.

• Mavis Ngui

Yes it is! That’s why I try to hoard my wishlist then haul in bulk in Seoul 🙂

7. Wendy

all my friends keep making fun of my obsession with masks (i’m been hunting down whamisa and royal skin, even down to their manufacturers) and stumbling on your blog makes me feel all better. i’m not alone, yay!

8. loveillybloom

I have just discovered your blog, and i’m obsessed , Its brilliant!, I love your take on life…and now i need to try source cremorelab pink masks in south africa -dammmit

9. Kady

Hi Mavis! After trying all of these products, are there any you liked or would repurchase again? Did you try the Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor Cleansing Gel Oil? If so, what did you think of it?:)

• Mavis Ngui

Hi Kady! Thanks for reading. I didn’t liked any of the products… well actually, the mineral mist isn’t that bad and I would totally repurchase if it was easily available. Sorry, I haven’t tried the cleansing gel oil. 🙂

10. Claire

Hi, may I know what’s the price for cremorlab TEN fresh water gel in Korea? My friend will visit there soon, I wanna know what’s the price so that I can prepare won for her.